Downsizing, Rightsizing, Making the Move
Call to Schedule a Free Consultation
Soft Landing Transitions is about the whole transition – the emotions, memories and family dynamics. A Senior & Specialty Move Manager® (SMM) is a highly qualified professional who specializes in helping older adults and their families, as well as individuals, through the daunting process of organizing, downsizing and relocation.
We’ve done this before – a lot- and we recognize moving is overwhelming and can be emotionally and physically exhausting. Soft Landing Transitions offers a menu of services specifically tailored to the needs of each client and their families.
What Does A Senior & Specialty Move Manager® Do?
The organizational and physical tasks associated with planning and implementing a complex move can be overwhelming for the entire family.
Getting Ready!Whether you are preparing for a move in 6 months, or ready to move right away, Soft Landing Transitions will help you create an action plan and timeline for your move. We coordinate the move from start to finish; packing/unpacking, scheduling movers, recommending donation outlets, dispersal services, storage and other resources in between. We will be your single point of contact throughout the move and regard you as our family. And, the initial consultation is FREE!
Start Organizing!Soft Landing Transitions will help you sort your belongings into things to keep, things to donate, things that hold special memories to give to your family. We will help you with the important details as we go, such as calendar dates surrounding the move and packing valuables and important medical and financial records to take with you on move day. We are about managing (and yes, removing some of) your lifetime possessions to maximize storage and enhance appeal without clutter or danger to you.
Moving Day!Soft Landing Transitions's goal is for your new home to feel like home right away. We create a floor plan suited to your taste and one that safely accommodates your belongings. We communicate with the movers and the new community to ensure a smooth process for all, addressing the concerns of all parties. We unpack, remove all boxes, hang pictures, set up the kitchen and bedroom, all in about a day. We care about the whole transition – the emotions, memories and family dynamics.
Why Choose Soft Landing Transitions?
A Senior & Specialty Move Manager understands you, listens to your needs, and helps to prevent common costly mistakes.
- …about you not randomly disposing of items without first asking your children because they may represent treasured childhood memories.
- …helping to avoid common misperceptions about the amount of time it takes to move.
- …about helping you choose the right moving company.
- …about the expired prescription bottles or jars of salad dressing that are 10 years old and should be tossed for safety.
- …about encouraging you to donate the glass coffee table with sharp edges because the clear tabletop is not easily navigated by you.
- …about setting clear expectations about the resale market.
- …about making our clients family.
A Proud Member of the National Association of Senior and Specialty Move Managers®
Seek the help of experienced, insured
professionals and call a Senior & Specialty Move
Manager® at Soft Landing Transitions.
- All NASMM companies are required to carry general business liability insurance.
- All NASMM companies are required to take and pass courses in Ethics, Safety, Liability & Risk, and Understanding the Moving Industry.
- All NASMM companies sign and are required to abide by NASMM’s strict Code of Ethics as a Professional Organization.
What Our Clients Have to Say
After moving a client into their new living space, our favorite comment is, “We love it! It feels like home!” We can share our stories of satisfied clients, but we would like you to see what a few of them had to say themselves.
Laura J. Out of State move
Jenna B.Park Meadows Senior Living
Brad M. Real Estate Specialist
Let’s Get You Moving
It starts with a FREE initial consult.
Specific services vary from client to client, based upon their situation, size of home, and customized menu of services. A Soft Landing Transitions estimate will be provided after the free initial client interview to understand how a Senior & Specialty Move Manager can assist with a seamless successful transition of all kinds.